Thursday 17 July 2014

My backyard choir

Yay it's Thursday again, but what a cold miserable one at that.  We have had a hectic week and one we would like to put behind us, so in light of that I've chosen to share a little poem this week.  It was written during Spring of last year, I was sitting in my favourite spot in my garden having a well deserved rest whilst littlelion was napping.  Some local parrots sat above me in our tree and I just started to take in the sounds around me.  As you read along think of your favourite place in your garden or your favourite place outdoors, now use your imagination and feel the warmth and listen to the sounds.  Maybe it can make us feel warm and cheerful during this cold snap.

A reminder that spring is just around the corner.
(Photo courtesy of my personal library)

My Backyard Choir

I listen to them chatting amongst themselves
Sitting high within the swaying branches,
Blue sky in the background,
Warm rays of sun hitting my skin.

We share the space that surrounds us,
They entertain me,
The occasional car along the road,
The wind moving through the trees,
Just close your eyes and soak up the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment