Thursday 28 August 2014

Mission: Merry Mama - Progress 1

No knickers!!! 
You heard me right, I refuse to buy new knickers, well that is knickers in the next size up.  It’s like admitting defeat.  It’s a good indication it’s time to lose some weight. 

A few weeks ago I shared how overwhelming life had become for me and the fact that I was on a mission to make some changes.   Check my previous posts Whirlwind Mama & 5kg to Christmas

Well in the background I have been working away at making such changes. 
I have certainly taken some well deserved quiet time for myself.  I have got some creative relief from a few craft projects with littlelion which has been fabulous fun as well as maintaining my aim to write daily.  But I have made weight loss a priority goal at the moment.  When I bought home some new knickers in my normal size that I’ve been for at least the last 5 years I was horrified by the fact that they were a little snug.  Yes I might be sporting a little VPL at the moment but I refuse to go up a size and give in to the flab monster. 

I have eliminated all soft drink and juices from my diet completely and have maintained that now for about 3 weeks, it’s not something I miss at all.  At the same time I ordered a latte without 1 and now that is my drink of choice.  In the past 7 days I have only consumed 2 flavoured milks, unheard of in our household.  Infact on Friday of last week I actually binned one half full because I wasn't enjoying it.

I have been serving up a lot more vegetables on our plate and our lunches are much improved.  When I have indulged I’ve actually taken note of how yuck I feel afterwards and recall on that next time I’m tempted. 
I have been walking everyday which has been so lovely but I would really like to increase the intensity of my exercise.  I visited my family doctor yesterday to make sure I’m fit enough to do so, with a heart failure history in my family and the knowledge that diabetes may not be far out of my horizons should I not do something soon I thought it was best to get a medical.  Thankfully I have maintained a reasonable level of health, blood pressure perfect and all clear to get active!! NO EXCUSES now.
Yesterday I did some push ups, squats and ab work all whilst playing with littlelion.  It’s all about being creative.  Whilst he thought I was just lying on the ground pretending to be a monster that was trying to grab him, I was really working towards removing the flab from my abs!! 
So after a week of solid input I feel much less bloated probably a result of no soft drink and less milk.  I have a bounce in my step, I feel like I have intent, intent to make a difference.  Sure temptation is calling me but on a few occasions I have been able to recognise it and say no.  I’m choosing to keep busy instead of eating for the sake of it.  Don't be under any illusion that I have been all good, temptation still got me a few times and I ate CAKE!!!
In the next week I aim to
1.       Maintain the changes I have already implemented
2.       Continue the review of our food and make some improvements
3.       Aim for 30 minutes exercise daily – walk, ride but try and add in some intensity. 

I’m not going to jump on the scales at this point, I’m happy with the fact that I am feeling better in myself. 

What are your goals for the week ahead? I'd love to hear what they are.  Good luck with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment